Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thankful Monday: What Love Looks Like - From Fearlessly Female's Prompt - Feb 2013

Givo I can find it, watch it and be reminded when needed. <3

Click here for a slideshow of LOVING PICTURES! <3

It's a long one.  
To me love looks like making sure someone else has a little sunshine in their day.

In my home life, spreading sunshine is my small and simple way of giving back daily. My small thoughtful things include opening a door for someone who has their hands full, actively listening instead of talking, simply saying Good Morning either with text to a friend or passerby on a morning walk, laying out clothes for my guy before he goes to work, letting the old man sleep in his favorite chair and occasionally finding that special image for someone and posting it to their Facebook wall just to make them smile. I think the little things matter and are sometimes overlooked. These are the little things that make someone's day smoother, if I can help I see no reason not to. There is not any amount of “I love you” that will take place of the small things that are done daily for others. I do them because there are many people around me, who have helped me with or without knowing the full impact they have my life. Trying to give back in small ways to anyone I come across is how I try to repay my thanks.

A few people know this, a few years back I had an accident. I fell impacting my head as if I was in a car crash. The last thing I remember is staring at the ceiling and hearing my momma's voice “If you are ever falling, breathe and relax. It will hurt less.” and with that exhale most of my 12 year old – 22 year old life gone from memory. This left me scared and with many questions, as well as with a clean slate for me to relearn, rebuild and figure out who I really am. I am beyond thankful for the love and support my family and friends have shared with me. Originally, my middle name Sunshine was given to me, because of my optimism when working in stressful environment. Though it will never take the place of my given birth middle name, Elisabeth. It has now taken on a whole new meaning, posting as Julia “Sunshine” Reyes is now a constant reminder to myself. That some days even the sun hides in the clouds, however sunshine will always gracefully navigate through them to reach it's destination.

Without viewing the thousands of pictures after my accident to relearn and remember bits of my life, I would not be where I am today. That is why I teamed up with my closest people to start a photography business. Photography to me is not about just any moment in time that's posed or cute, but one that is going to bring sunshine into a room and touch the heart of anyone who views that portrait. As a photography team, we strive to make the clients relax and be as natural as possible. All on it's own that one simple task is a challenge, breaking down the wall of protection that is a "CHEEESE" smile. To do this we show love and encourage laughter during our sessions, this alone chisels away at that wall of “CHEESE” to show the true human. For 1/125 of a second is all any one member of our photography team needs to snipe an honest portrait of love. It is that captured love that will brighten the day of whoever views our work.

I choose to love and show kindness, regardless of the past I have lived through. The simple phrase “I have lived through” shows I have strength in being here, in being alive, and in sunshine no matter how small that day, makes me more fearless than the day before. There is no one person who knows what tomorrow will bring, so embracing and capturing the “now” is vital. Everyone has their story of conquering and of reasons why they strive to be victorious. Creating, capturing, and sharing the raw emotions and reactions of “What Love Looks Like” is why I do what I do. Everyday.

Thank you Fearlessly Female for giving me the opportunity and outlet to express me! Familia and Friends...Seriously, I love all of you from the bottom of my heart thank you! 

Scattering Love & Sunshine,
Julia

https://www.facebook.com/photojuba/posts/189484727842119

https://www.facebook.com/fearlesslyfemale

No comments:

Post a Comment